We know that many business owners are looking to take back control of their presence on the world’s largest online marketplace, and we’re here to help. With these 4 simple tips, you can drastically improve the success and longevity of your brand on the platform. So let’s get started!
1. Make sure to sign up for Brand Registry
- To enroll in Brand Registry, you must have an active registered trademark with the USPTO or other applicable trademark office.
- You must provide Amazon with proof of your ownership of the trademark, such as a government-issued registration certificate, a trademark office registration page, or a copy of an application for registration.
- Provide a list of countries where you own a trademark registration and the corresponding registration numbers, as well as a list of countries where you have pending applications for trademark registration.
- You will also need to provide Amazon with contact information for your brand, including a website address and email address.
2. Keep an eye out for unauthorized sellers
Looking to keep your business on top of its Amazon game? One key tip to bear in mind is to watch out for unauthorized and fraudulent sellers. Gray market sellers, counterfeiters, and Intellectual Property (IP) infringers can greatly damage brand equity. Knowing what’s going on with your listing is essential to maintaining control so you don’t end up getting trumped by the competition. Many brands who allow a multitude of resellers on their listings often find themselves competing with these resellers for the Buy Box. This drives down the price of the product, often below its minimum pricing point. Keep your business ahead of the game by staying vigilant and scanning who’s hopping on the train – it’s worth it!
Need help battling unauthorized sellers on Amazon?
Contact our experts at WishingUWell for help today!
3. Amp up your cybersecurity
4. Refine your advertising strategies
Success in eCommerce is rooted in individualizing your brand, and standing out in a positive way amongst the competition. Now that we understand the importance of brand control on Amazon, how do you plan to make your brand a household name in 2023?
Need help selling on Amazon?
Follow WishingUWell on social media, or contact us for a tailored solution for your brand.